Crimson Cup Founder and President Greg Ubert was among the business and nonprofit leaders honored recently by The Columbus Foundation for being named the best in the United States for their accomplishments over the past year. Individuals and organizations were honored at the annual National Number Ones event held at the Foundation on February 19.
Crimson Cup was recognized as the best large coffee roaster in the nation for our 2016 Macro Roaster of the Year award from Roast magazine.
‘It’s an incredible honor to be part of such an illustrious group!” Greg said. “We’re proud that the city that has nurtured our success for 25 years ranks number one in so many ways.”
Other honorees included:
- Gene Smith, The Ohio State University Athletics, National Champions in Multiple Sports, including Football, Wrestling, Pistol, Rowing, Synchronized Swimming, and Ohio Stadium – #1 in U.S. in Average Football Game Attendance.
- Ann Hamilton, National Medal of Arts – United States Government.
- Tom Stalf, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Top Honor, Best Zoological Exhibit in U.S. – Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
- Jane Grote Abell, Donatos, #1 Fast Casual Restaurant, Pizza Division – Technomic.
- Nannette Maciejunes, Columbus Museum of Art, Michael Bongiorno, DesignGroup, Robert and Peggy Walter Wing of Columbus Museum of Art: Best of Architecture – Wall Street Journal.
- Elaine Roberts, Transportation Champions of Change Award – The White House.
- Brutus Buckeye, Division 1A Mascot of the Year – Universal Cheerleaders Association.
- Nancy Ferguson, former Mayor, New Albany, America’s Number One Suburb – Business Insider.
- Centennial High School STEM Club, National Champions – Rube Goldberg Machine Contest.
- Mayor Andy Ginther, Excellence in Sustainability Award – National Environment Health Association, and#1 Big City to get a Fresh Start in America – Credit Sesame.
- New Albany Classic, In support of The Center for Family Safety and Healing,
Karen Days, President, #1 – Specialty Equestrian Event – North American Riders Group.
- Tom Walker, Rev1 Ventures, Columbus, City with Greatest Increase in Start-ups in the U.S. – Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurship.
- Twenty One Pilots, #1 Album Debut – Billboard 200 Chart, andRanked #1 – Essential Records of 2015 – Alternative Press.
“Columbus is full of remarkable visionaries and people working together for the betterment of everyone—that’s why we celebrate our National Number Ones,” said Douglas F. Kridler, Columbus Foundation president and CEO. “Together we are building Columbus’ reputation as a place distinguished by both its knowledge resources and its openness to new ideas.” Serving the region for more than 70 years, The Columbus Foundation is the seventh largest community foundation in the United States.
Congratulations to all the people and organizations who’ve put Columbus on the national stage!