We were excited to welcome 10 new independent coffee shop startups in the first half of 2021!
“Kudos to these entrepreneurs who are now living their dream of owning independent coffee shops serving their local communities,” said Founder and President Greg Ubert. “We look forward to helping them build their businesses in the years to come.”
The new businesses joined over 200 coffee shops in 30 states that receive award-winning coffee, industry-leading coffee shop supplies, hands-on training and ongoing business support through our 7 Steps to Success coffee shop startup program.
And at least eight more shops plan to open before the end of the year!
Introducing Ten New Independent Coffee Shops
The 10 new coffee shops include:
- The Village Brew Coffee House in Piketon, Ohio
- Angie’s Sugar Buzz Bakery in Sandwich, Illinois
- Millersport Coffee inside the Canal Restaurant in Millersport, Ohio
- La Plaza Tapatia in Columbus, Ohio
- White Buffalo Coffee Bar in Weatherford, Oklahoma
- Sweet Aroma Coffeehouse & Bakery in Colchester, Connecticut
- Lock No 4 Coffeehouse in Beverly, Ohio
- Calabria Coffee in New Hartford, New York
- Coffee Jerks Yukon in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- The Branch Gathering Place + Coffee House in Greensburg, Indiana
Benefits of our 7 Steps to Success Program
Owners and managers learned how to run their businesses through our 7 Steps program.
Based on Greg’s Book, Seven Steps to Success: a Commonsense Guide to Succeed in Specialty Coffee, the 7 Steps program has helped hundreds of independent coffee shops in 30 states become thriving businesses.
“Crimson Cup supports coffee shop owners at every step – from scouting a profitable location and writing a coffee shop business plan to planning a menu, choosing equipment, hiring staff and providing comprehensive training,” Greg said.
“We also provide award-winning coffee, the best coffee shop supplies in the business, and ongoing support to help coffee businesses thrive.”
Shops with Multiple Locations
Two of the new coffee shop startups belong to owners who opened existing locations through our 7 Steps program:
- Opened April 12, White Buffalo Weatherford joined three existing White Buffalo Coffee Bars in Lawton and Altus, Oklahoma.
- With the June 7 opening of Coffee Jerks Yukon, there are now four Coffee Jerks locations in Oklahoma City and Edmond, Oklahoma.
“Owners who run multiple locations show that specialty coffee shops can remain profitable and grow even during difficult economic times,” Greg said.
“We think now is a perfect time to open an independent coffee shop. The economy is picking up, coffee demand continues to grow, lots of prime real estate is available, and interest rates are at historic lows.
Advice from a Coffee Shop Owner Who Used our 7 Steps Program
Most of the owners had little or no experience in specialty coffee. Some said they would not have been able to open without Crimson Cup’s help.
Jennifer Chandler owns The Village Brew Coffee House. After talking to other independent coffee house owners, she advises prospective owners to start with Crimson Cup.
“Begin by reading the 7 Steps book and then sign the agreements with Scott Fullerton,” she said. “I have saved so much time and money with Crimson Cup’s input.”
Interested in Opening a Coffee Shop? We’re Here to Help!
7 Steps Sales Leader Scott Fullerton is the initial contact for all new coffee shop startups. Reach him via email or by calling 1.888.800.9224.
“If you’ve ever dreamed about opening a coffee house, I’d love to help you get started,” Fullerton said. “We’ve helped hundreds of entrepreneurs take the leap from dreaming about a coffee shop to opening their doors. Chances are, we can help you!”