We Welcomed 20 New Independent Coffee Shops in 2021November 29, 2022 (Published: January 3, 2022)
Twenty new independent coffee shops opened in 2021 through our 7 Steps to Success coffee shop startup program!
“Kudos to the entrepreneurs who are now living the dream of owning independent coffee shops serving their local communities,” said Founder and President Greg Ubert. “We look forward to helping them build their businesses in the years to come.”
Crimson Cup West Chester Opens in November
One of the 20 startup coffee businesses was our own Crimson Cup Coffee Shop West Chester, which opened November 15 inside Telhio’s new Beckett Ridge Branch, 8249 Market Place Drive in West Chester, Ohio.
“We are excited to bring our award-winning coffee and terrific espresso drinks to a new Ohio market,” Greg said. “We’re also thrilled to work with Telhio, which shares our commitment to consumers and community.”
He added that operating Crimson Cup Coffee Shops and our flagship store, Crimson, helps our managers test drink recipes and promotional ideas.
“As coffee shop owners and managers ourselves, we’re uniquely positioned to help independent owners turn their hard work into profitable businesses.”
Welcome to 19 New Independent Coffee Shops!
The 19 new independent coffee shops opened using our 7 Steps to Success coffee shop startup program included.
- Angie’s Sugar Buzz Bakery in Sandwich, Illinois
- Calabria Coffee in New Hartford, New York
- Cattlemen’s Coffee House in Franklinton, Louisiana
- Coffee Jerks Yukon in Yukon, Oklahoma
- Cold Creek Coffee Company in Castalia, Ohio
- Cornerstone Coffee House – Norris City in Norris City, Illinois
- Cup O’ Joy Coffee Barn in Edgerton, Ohio
- George’s Coffee @121 in Melissa, Texas
- Humble Texan Coffee Opens in Vernon, Texas
- La Plaza Tapatia in Columbus, Ohio
- Lazy Labrador Coffee House in Kennesaw, Georgia
- Lock No. 4 Coffeehouse in Beverly, Ohio
- Loose Goose Coffee Company in Terre Haute, Indiana
- Millersport Coffee in Millersport, Ohio
- Roasted Rail Coffee House in Dilworth, Minnesota
- Sweet Aroma Coffeehouse & Bakery in Colchester, Connecticut
- The Branch Gathering Place + Coffee House in Greensburg, Indiana
- The Village Brew Coffee House in Piketon, Ohio
- White Buffalo Coffee Bar in Weatherford, Oklahoma
7 Steps to Success: The Book that’s Launched Hundreds of Independent Coffee Shops
Based on Greg’s Book, Seven Steps to Success: a Commonsense Guide to Succeed in Specialty Coffee, the 7 Steps program has helped hundreds of independent coffee shops in 30 states become thriving businesses.
A 7 Steps coffee shop startup consultant guides new owners through every step – from scouting a profitable location and writing a coffee shop business plan to planning a menu, choosing equipment, hiring staff and providing comprehensive training.
As a one-stop shop for independent coffee shops, we also provide award-winning coffee, the best coffee shop supplies in the business, and ongoing support to help coffee businesses thrive.
Some shop owners said they would not have been able to open without Crimson Cup’s help.
Advice from a Coffee Shop Owner
Jennifer Chandler owns The Village Brew Coffee House. After talking to other independent coffee house owners, she advises prospective owners to start with Crimson Cup.
“Begin by reading the 7 Steps book and then sign the agreements with Scott Fullerton,” she said. “I have saved so much time and money with Crimson Cup’s input.”
7 Steps Sales Leader Scott Fullerton is the initial contact for all new coffee shop owners. Reach him via email or by calling 1.888.800.9224.
“If you’ve ever dreamed about opening a coffee house, I’d love to help you get started,” Scott said. “We’ve helped hundreds of entrepreneurs take the leap from dreaming about a coffee shop to opening their doors. Chances are, we can help you!”