Thinking about opening a coffee shop? Consider putting the Power of the Cup® behind you. With the Power of the Cup®, you can learn everything you need to run a profitable – and enjoyable – independent coffee business.
What’s the Power of the Cup®?
- A proven system for opening a coffee shop backed by 30 years of success.
- A team of coffee, training and management experts eager to help you start out right.
- Delicious handcrafted coffee, tea, syrups and coffee-shop products that will delight your customers and fatten your bottom line.
- A community of more than 150 independent coffee shops across 30 states ready to share their experience and expertise.
- A business model powered by integrity and consistency, supporting small business owners who take pride in serving their communities.
With the Power of the Cup®, you get all the support of a coffee shop franchise, plus all the freedom of owning your own, independent business. With no franchise fees, royalties or long-term contracts.
It all starts with Seven Steps to Success in the Specialty Coffee Industry, a common-sense guide to coffee shop start-up and operations. By Crimson Cup Founder and President Greg Ubert, this handbook leads you step by step through everything you need to run a successful coffee house. It’s all here – from finding an ideal (and affordable) location to choosing the right equipment, laying out your shop, hiring and training staff, attracting customers and much more. You’ll even find a coffee shop business plan that’s easily adapted to your operations.
After reading Seven Steps to Success, you’re ready for hands-on consulting, starting with a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with one of our coffee experts. We’ll discuss your plans, share our expertise and explore what your future looks like.
Once you’re convinced The Power of the Cup® is right for you, we’ll get started on our Seven Steps to Success coffee franchise alternative program. Through hands-on training and business coaching, you’ll soon be on the road to success. We’ll help you discover:
- How much does it cost to open a coffee shop?
- What’s the ideal location for my coffee shop?
- How can I maximize customer satisfaction and profit through my menu?
- How can I hire and train qualified baristas and other employees?
- What kind of coffee shop equipment do I need?
- How can I attract new customers and market my coffee shop – without breaking my budget?
- And much more.
Your 7 Steps Trainer will be with you every step of the way, from build-out to opening day – offering insider insight into what works and why. From drink preparation to back-room operations to marketing, you’ll learn the secrets to successful coffee shop operations.
On-site training with you and your staff culminates in the Grand Opening of your coffee shop. But we’re always just a toll-free call away to answer your questions and help you solve problems. And a comprehensive menu of ongoing training is available to keep you and your staff at the cutting edge of specialty coffee.
Ultimately, the Power of the Cup® is much more than a proven system and business support. It’s the spirit of the Crimson Cup community of independent coffee shops.
We believe coffee is community. Because local entrepreneurs beat with the pulse of their local communities, they create unique gathering places revolving around the art of serving truly great espresso-based beverages.
We believe independents serve their communities better than coffee franchises and chains. We love helping independent spirits like you prosper. We share your pride as you craft a thriving business. Your way.
Perhaps it’s because we got our start back when nearly all coffee houses were independent. When the centuries-old tradition of the European coffee house, or café, was still struggling to make headway into the heartland of America. Before the corporate green giant of specialty coffee spread to nearly every city corner.
Our true joy at Crimson Cup comes from seeing independent business owners like you having fun while transforming their long, hard hours into profits. That’s the spirit that creates The Power of the Cup®.